2012 Exhibition Catalogue
Bilingual edition (Greek, English)
Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation
Catalogue of the group exhibition Approaching Surrealism held at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Andros of the Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation from 1 July to 30 September 2012.
The exhibition featured more than 100 exhibits, including collages, paintings, and sculptures, constructions, prints, and photographs, as well as highly relevant archival material, by 30 international and Greek artists:
Jean Arp, Hans Bellmer, Victor Brauner, André Breton, Giorgio de Chirico, Salvador Dalí, Paul Delvaux, Marcel Duchamp, Max Ernst, André Masson, Roberto Matta, Joan Miró, Méret Oppenheim, Wolfgang Paalen, Francis Picabia, Man Ray, Wifredo Lam, René Magritte, Mayo, Kurt Schwitters, Yves Tanguy, Dorothea Tanning, Marie Wilson, Nanos Valaoritis, Nikos Engonopoulos, Odysseus Elytis, Andreas Embiricos, Nicolas Calas, Mario Prassinos, Yerassimos Steris.
Colour reproductions of all the works are included in this bilingual catalogue (Greek, English), accompanied by essays by:
- Kyriakos Koutsomallis, Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art of the Basil and Elise Goulandris Foundation
- Hélène Glykatzi-Ahrweiler, Byzantinologist - Vice-President of the Basil and Elise Goulandris Foundation
- Niki Loizidi, Art Historian
- Nanos Valaoritis, Poet
- Alekos Fassianos, Painter
- Ioulita Iliopoulou, Poet
- Nandja Argyropoulou, Art Historian
*Bilingual edition (Greek, English)
28.7 x 21.5 x 3 cm